Sunday, November 11, 2007

2 Years Ago Today

I cannot sleep and I thought I'd start writing this now. I remember the day like it was yesterday. Sitting at the receptionist desk twiddling my thumbs waiting to go home ...please

Dr. G don't chit chat I want to go home. The phone rang but my partner for the day answered it. I heard her say " No she's at the St.Charles office today." and she hung up. "Oh who were they looking for?" She says "Kelly." I said " Which one? Are you sure they weren't looking for me?" "Shit , I forgot that's your name since everybody calls you by your last name" I have a sick, excited feeling it was Rudy so I look at the phone and immediately call Children of the World. Holy crap he answers. " Did you just call me" " Yes, we have your referral of a little girl born October 6 in Antigua. She weighed 4.8 lbs, and was 17.5 inches long. Her name is Evelyn Pamela (Pumela..that's how he said it , that's how I wrote it) She is healthy.Can you come in tomorrow and see her pictures and sign the papers?" Yes what time? BLAH BLAH BLAH I hang up call Ralph tell him, he says don't get to excited until tomorrow. I think to myself yeah yeah your daughter is here jack ass I know she is my daughter and so will you after tomorrow. I am so giddy crazy crying . I don't really know what happened after that I know I called my mom. I know I hugged everyone at work that day. I know I didn't work for the rest of the day.It was near the end anyway.It was the best day of my life and I hadn't even seen her yet, holy shit thank you God I am a Mom.....to be continued

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Referral Anniversary! Isn't it amazing how clear the memory of "the call" remains?

Kristen and the Gang said...

OH i HAVE CHILLS NOW!!! WHAT A WONDERFUL MEMORY!!!

Kerri said...

Ooh - you gave me goosebumps! Happy referral anniversary day!!!
Kerri and Ruby

bluethenpink said...

Happy Referral Day!!!
I too remember them like they were yesterday!! Mr. G's because the waiting seemed endless and Little Miss A's because of the shock factor LOL :o)

It's good to be the MOMMY!!!

Kristi & Kylan said...

Happy Referral Anniversary! What an amazing day for you!

Mom said...

I remember that like it was yesterday. Out of all the little girls in the whole world, how did we get the best one? I love her so much Kel. It's like she is running around with my heart beating inside her.