Monday, November 12, 2007

The First Time




We saw her was a rush of emotions. Kati handed me her photo and let me first say it was an 8 x 10 huge photo of her face.My arms went numb with fire and I stopped breathing. I have never had a feeling like that in my life. I knew she was mine. Ralph well Ralph flipped the f**k out. He thought she was the ugliest little monkey he ever saw and the truth is she was a hairy little monkey. An "adorable-ugly" little monkey.

We then had to go to the Sec. of State's office to get some papers authenticated and on the drive there all I did was stare at the giant magnified pictures of my little monkey. I was so in love .

And look at my beautiful little adorable -ugly monkey now. WOW

From there we drove over to my mom's house and she had printed out normal sized pics and Skylie looked so much better, not that I gave a shit what she looked like but you know how you look when you look into a 18 times magnified mirror....YIKES.Ralph calmed down and no longer wanted to cry.We printed out a million pictures that night and called everyone we knew. It was a whirlwind for the next 5 1/2 months until we met the love of our lives in person. I cannot believe that it has been 2 years . I love you Skylar .Daddy and I think your a beautiful gorgeous precious tater bug who will always be our peach fuzzed adorable-ugly little monkey.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

You make me laugh and give me goose bumps all at once. :)
Kerri and Ruby

Kathy said...

Isn't it funny how you just knew that this was the baby meant for you? She is a beauty!

bluethenpink said...

I laughed so hard!! Little Miss A was, well still is a fuzzy little thing too!! She is soooooo cute adorable-ugly monkey!!! LOL!!!!! It is amazing all we went through to get our little one's here....I can't remember what I ever did before they got here except less laundry LOL!!! Have a great day!

Kristen and the Gang said...

I think she was the prettiest little monkey!!!