Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our 2nd Forever/Gotcha...Our day


I don't want pizza.


You want attitude, I got'cho effin attitude right he~ya!


Ahhhhhh I scream!


You scream We all scream for Ice cream!



I look glum.


Look what I learned to do today.


Peek~a~boo


Just a tad windy today.


Awwwwww yeah!


C'mon princess. That's what she said to me today. LOL


Here I come.


Hey Skylar, doesn't that hurt?

Nahhhhh, I can take it!


Run Skylar Run

I'm done.
So we left and went to Onnie's:
Hmmmmmm Let me think.

C'mon Josie.


SKYLIE BUTT!!!!!!!!


Just chatting away with Josie.

And I was all, and she was all, and I was like yeah whatever
After that intense conversation, she had a cheese break.

Then we headed home to pick up Daddy and go to:
I wish... Not yet we'll be heading there this summer.

Ummmmmm I don't want to eat the cherry but
I'll suck the whip cream off of it.

Goood goooood stuff!


Damn good!!!!!

Then we went to the mall.
We went to Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner. We went there last year for Forever/Gotcha/Anniversary/Our Day. Its kind of a special place because that's where we go when we're in Sanibel and then all of a sudden one popped up here. Anyway ...........
I cannot believe its been 2 years since we first saw, held, bathed Skylar for the first time. We (as parents) were so scared, nervous and new. I cannot believe how my life has changed and what a blessing she is to us. Never in my life did I ever think my life was as important as it is now. Don't you know who I am ????? I'm Skylar's mom. I'm everything I always wanted to be because I am Skylar's mom. Every second of everyday I feel like I have been given the most awesome gift, because I am ....you guessed it I am Skylar's mom. So thank you God, Buddah, Universe, Mother Earth,whatever Awesome Higher Being you prefer to be called , thank you for my gift. She breathes life into me, and my whole life makes sense now. Thank you Skylie for being you, you are the brightest star in my sky. I love you more than I could ever put into words.

13 comments:

Kerri said...

Now I have warm fuzzies! Happy 2nd anniversary!
Kerri and Ruby

Tina said...

Happy Forever fam day!!!! I remember when you went to get her and I'll never forget how sweetly you shared her with me, anxiously waiting for Toby, just a week or two after being home. That day you both entered my heart and there you will both stay. Love to you and your family and hug that beautiful girl for me!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww. Well said. Love, love, love. Me

colefamily said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON GOTCHA DAY!!!
I started reading your blog back in October--I think your daughter is beautiful!! We to adopted our girl from Guatemala and she was born Oct 7, 2005--home April 7th 2006!! So just about the same timing! About a month ago you posted a pic of Skylar with frog pj on I had gotten ours at Costco --I had just taken a pic of our 2 yr. old with those same pj on---they look alot alike!!! I enjoy watching Skylar each day through your blog and just wanted to say hi!

Natalie C. said...

Happy 2nd anniversary!!!!

Cheri and Jesse said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!!! Isn't it crazy how quickly time goes? Looks like you had a wonderful, fun day yesterday. Can you share with me what park you were at and where in the world is Cheeburger Cheeburger? I've never heard of it. =)

Cheri

Heidi said...

Happy Forever Family Day! That is so great you went out to celebrate! That playground looks like a lot of fun (although Skylar looks a tad bit like she wants to rip the camera out of your hands :))

Beverly said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

Jillicious said...

Peeing myself over the "he was all, then she was all" talk with the dog. Oh that is too funny. Her personality is really captured by that camera. You have a bee-u-tiful one there!

Happy day to you all!

Kathy said...

Happy Forever/Gotcha/Anniversary Day!!! Isn't amazing how fast time goes by? You made me tear up!!

Great pics at the playground! Looks like so much fun. Love the pic of Skylar talking to the dog. Too funny!!

Cheryl, said...

HAPPY 2ND Gotcha Day!!! Your post is beautiful. Skylar is so adorable.

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Happy 2nd Family Day...lovely post. Isn't it amazing how kids change our lives for the better!!!
I marvel at it all the time too.

Aves

Tara said...

2 Years?!?!?!? Congrats, Mommy! What an awesome forever family-versary you guys had. I love the way you guys celebrated (totally our style) and your words about Skylie are beautiful!