Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Referral Day!!!!!

Today my sweet girl is the day we first saw you. I cannot believe its been 3 years. You are so smart, funny and I feel lucky everyday because I get to be your mom. Today there were a couple ladies selling carpet shampoo at the door and Daddy said "oh no thanks" and before he shut the door you stopped him and said, " Sorry, We already have soap. " See what I mean you are so funny. The ladies had to laugh at your cuteness!

Today Parents as Teachers came and its agreed, you are one smart cookie. She said you need to be challenged. Whatever the hell that means LOL I already have you signed up for school. Well practically :) I think I am getting an ulcer, you are growing up soooo fast! Too FAST!!!!

I also want you to know that your birthmom loved you. I think of her everyday and pray for her everyday, for had she not had an adoption plan I would not have you. God placed you in our arms today 3 years ago but not just you. Your birthmom, Christina, Your foster mom, Teresa and your beautiful country, Guatemala. You can achieve anything in this world Skylar and all of us will look on in amazement because you are such an incredible person. I love you.

19 comments:

Kerri said...

Goosebumps!!! You are one lucky mama!

colefamily said...

That was a sweet note you wrote!!
Hope you are having a great week--Our refferal day was the day she was born Oct. 7th, 2005 ---but did not see a photo until Oct 12 th and info on the 14th --when we said YES immediately! Communication was limited due to Hurricane Stan---ahhh the great memories!!

Lilysmom said...

You also gave me goosebumps! I love how lucky I feel to be one happy Guatemama!

Valerie said...

Aww! That brought tears to my eyes. We will be celebrating our four year referral with Logan on Valentines Day. Hope you guys had a wonderful day with your sweet Skylie.

Leslie said...

awww Happy Referral day!!!!! WOW time has flown for us too!!! Our forever family day is on the 21st and that blows my mind!!!!

Luv,L

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love you guys.

Onnie

Gail said...

I love this post!! I love thinking back to my referral day. What sweet memories!!!
Gail

Vanessa said...

Happy Referral Day!

Steph, Rod & Parkersito said...

Sweet memories! Thanks for sharing. Amazing!

Tracey said...

Love you girls!! 9 days after that(Nov. 21) your future husband was born! We got his referral Nov. 29th. Nov is one of my fav months!
Besos to my future daughter in law!

Amy said...

What a sweet, heartfelt post! Thank you for sharing such intimate feelings with everyone.

Happy Referral Day!!!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

She is such a loved little girl and I know you guys are all lucky to have each other! Happy 3 yr referral day!

Kathy said...

Great post!! Time is going wayyyy tooo fast. Our babies are getting so big!

Rhonda said...

What a great post to a very special little girl :-)

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

How sweet!!!

Donna said...

Yay! Happy (belated) referral day! Wow - 3 years!? Can we find that dang time-stop machine!?

What a wonderful little family you have.

Nikki said...

What a special day an da beautiful girl!!

Steph said...

Oh, you brought tears to my eyes! What a beautiful post.

Heidi said...

Kelly, that is the sweetest post! I can completely tell Skylar is just perfect for you and your hubby and you guys, her. She is so full of life and personality, I want to meet her!